Sunday, March 31, 2013

New Business Support


Developing a business from your passion is quit the challenge.  During the past year I have explored many aspects of what works and doesn’t work for my business, but not without examining financials and networks.  While evaluating current business situations I found that there were many things I did not consider.  One of the major things I didn’t consider was that I couldn’t do it all alone.  A few years ago I read a book by Bruce Judson called “Go it Alone.”  In the book he discussed starting a business with little to no capital on your own.  The examples he used in this book focused mainly on Internet ecommerce businesses.

It has been a crazy journey with may twists and turns.  I have found myself at a true loss, but I realize that anything worth doing is hard.  I took on my first client under my company early this year it is a great contract, but I quickly found that no one will take care of your business like you will.  Everything has been a huge hurdle no matter what I do for this client.  I worked long hours and spent my own money to correct issues.  I found that some times the people you want to count on to help develop your business wouldn’t be there.  I had to get creative if I was going to accomplish all of my goals to finish this contract.  I had to surround myself with people that wanted to do what I was doing with a passion to succeed and break barriers.

Websites like elance.com and guru.com are great resources to find talented people that are self-motivated to do more with their lives.  The most valuable tool I found to help with this business is the ability to recruit talent that will go the extra mile to get the mission accomplished.  My goal is to continue to grow and develop with like-minded people.  What have you seen on your journey either at work or with your own developing business?

No comments:

Post a Comment